We are recruiting Heavy Equipment Operators with strong multi-equipment operational skills to work at the Gahcho Kué Mine. This seasonal term position is rotation-based and will follow a four weeks on, four weeks off schedule.
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner while cleaning, maintaining, and securing all equipment as directed by legislation, polices, and procedures.
- Operating heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Completing inspection of equipment being operated and report any problems to supervisor.
- Complying with and understanding of all safety policies, procedures, regulations, maintenance, and practices used in operation of heavy equipment.
- Conducting pre-operational checks on equipment.
- Working on slopes, assisting with small lifts.
- Performing other duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Follow all safe work practices and procedures
- Have strong skills and experience in the operation of assigned heavy equipment particularly; Excavator, Packer, Dozer, Haul Truck, Loader
- Be reliable and dependable with the ability to take the initiative on job plans
- Have sound organization and communication skills with the ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships are required
- Possess experience working at a remote location
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Meet the physical requirements of the position
- Possess a Heavy Equipment Operator certificate and have 3-5 years’ experience.
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment and extreme temperatures with minimal supervision.
Please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 26, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Khione is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.