Our growing company needs a full-time Operations Manager based in Yellowknife, NT.
The Operations Manager will be accountable to ensure operators and equipment are working in a safe and efficient manner. This position requires excellent communication, problem-solving, and customer relations skills. Experience with waste streams and waste equipment as well as familiarity with general mechanical repairs and troubleshooting procedures would be an asset, but not required
- Permanent full-time hours
- Competitive wages & bonus structure (Safety and Annual Review)
- Benefits package
- Vehicle and fuel allowance
- Company cell phone
- Training and development opportunities
- Positive, inclusive work environment
Reports to: President
- Member of the leadership team to develop and harness the values, purpose, vision, and strategic initiatives for Kavanaugh Bros Ltd
- Ability to coach and develop team members using a positive attitude, collaboration, clear communication, and direction
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to get things done through others and people development
- Ability to prioritize and delegate workload
- Safety-oriented with experience conducting safety meetings, recognizing risks, and working collaboratively with others for resolution
- Ability to make informed decisions based on safety, service, and productivity standards, with an understanding of company processes, policies, and procedures
- Experience in maintenance planning, fleet management, and facilitation of preventative maintenance programs, including management of parts inventory and overseeing repairs and warranties would be an asset
- High level of initiative, organization, and positivity
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience leading a team of front-line employees and supervisors, preferably in the transportation or waste management industry
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer literacy, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Possession of valid Class 3 Driver’s License with Air endorsement (an asset)
- WSCC Supervisor training certificate, First Aid, WHIMIS, Confined Spaces, and TDG Training (an asset) Training provided as needed
- Able to provide proof of full Covid-19 & other vaccinations recommended due to exposure risks (Hep B, etc.)
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Must reside in Canada
Standing; walking; bending; working in dusty environments; exposure to extreme temperatures, heights, noise, and heavy lifting up to 23kg (50lbs).
Kavanaugh Bros. Ltd. is a northern-owned and operated family business providing the City of Yellowknife, NT, and surrounding areas, with waste collection and vacuum truck sewage removal for over 50 years. We have recently expanded our company to also provide innovative waste recycling and compaction solutions and landfill consultation.
Kavanaugh Bros Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified individuals. We welcome applications, however, only those candidates selected will be contacted, no phone calls, please.
How to apply:
E-mail resumes to email@example.com