Pilot-in-Waiting roles are dispatch/ ramp positions/ courier/ cargo that lead to flight line positions on DC-3, C-46, BE10, DHC-6
- Marshal aircraft in ramp area; tows aircraft on the ground
- Unloads and loads passenger baggage and cargo to/from aircraft
- Performs on-board duties as required, including strict enforcement of emergency and safety procedures
- Delivers exceptional pre-flight and in-flight customer service, as applicable
- Assists with aircraft grooming and washing
- Assists with freight handling
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Ground Operations Manager
- Flight watch and following of all Buffalo Airways flights
- Maintain effective communication between all Operation departments; out-base staff/managers and other departments to minimize flight delays and day-of-flight schedule integrity.
- Keep up to date with changing weather and operating conditions and provide weather briefings to flight crews.
- Aircraft prep, de-icing and fueling
- Hold a valid Canadian Commercial Pilot License
- IATRA considered an asset, will be required for flight position.
- MULTI- IFR (Group 1)
- Category 1 medical
- Minimum 250 hours of fixed wing experience
- Valid driver’s licence
- Valid passport considered an asset, will be require to flight position.
- Previous experience in a customer service role highly preferred
- Above average interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position which include bending, climbing, and lifting
- Must meet pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
- King Air, Baron and/or Travel Air time considered an asset.