We are seeking a Term position Red Seal Pipefitter/Plumber/Millwright reporting to the Site Supervisor and working three (3) weeks on / three (3) weeks off rotation at a remote mine site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with pumps, valves, and potable water/wastewater pipelines.
- Receives instructions, drawings, and work orders from supervision.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of pipefitting principles and trade techniques, properties of various materials, and principles of application of equipment and materials paying attention to close tolerances.
- Interprets drawings, determines location of pipes, plans work procedures.
- Tests, inspects, installs, dismantles, repairs all types of high- or low-pressure piping, fittings, fixtures and parts in the maintenance, repair of service lines.
- Makes and seals all types of joints, installs gaskets, packing and pipe supports, tests joints for leaks and applies various insulating materials and pipe covering.
- Inspects, installs, dismantles, repairs, and maintains various types of piping for heating, plumbing, refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation, pumping.
- Works from scaffolds and mobile working platforms.
- Lock out and isolates equipment, taking necessary safety precautions.
- Keeps working area, tools, and equipment in clean and orderly condition.
- Records and submits data relevant to job duties. Maintains logbooks as required by legislation and policy. Reports irregularities to supervision.
- Responsible for active participation in and compliance with safety, health and environment, and compulsory trade policies and procedures.
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Pipefitter/Steamfitter
- Training and experience with plastic pipe fusion 6” to 24” is required
- Gas Fitting certification is ideal
- Forklift, hydraulic cranes and aerial platform training and certifications
- Confined space and working at heights certifications
- Experience in mining is preferred
Please note all positions at Snap Lake require a current Criminal Record Check and a fit for work medical assessment.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: July 9, 2021
Khione Resources, Ltd. is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.