This role will focus special attention on assisting the Production Manager with all temporary site needs to ensure the site is properly set up and ready for festival activities. Understanding the overall logistics of the site and the festival schedule is a must.
- Work closely with the Production Manager to organize and schedule all deliveries and pickups on-site (pump-outs, water, cleaners, etc.);
- Assist with organizing volunteers to set up temporary site needs (ticketing gates, signage, picnic tables, decorations, etc);
- Act as a runner for the Production Manager;
- Track all operational schedules during the festival and assist to ensure it is running smoothly and on time;
- Fully understand the festival insurance policy;
- Lead a team of maintenance-focused volunteers;
- Assist in the takeover site operations from the Site Manager one week prior to the festival and assist with managing all site needs until the festival closes; and
- Assist in festival tear down and all post-festival wrap-up.
Applicants should have strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills. Problem-solving skills and quick thinking are necessary. Relative ‘handiness’ will be considered an asset.
Folk On The Rocks believes in uplifting and providing equitable opportunities to those from marginalized communities, and we encourage applicants from such communities including Indigenous people, people of colour, persons living with disabilities, persons representing diverse genders and sexualities (2SLGBTQ+). We recognize that not all terms always work for all people, and we welcome applications from all interested parties.