The Program Assistant will:
- promote literacy through various means, including social media, Facebook lives, etc.
- create learning materials to assist staff in the Community Connections program for newcomers.
- assist Community Connections and other staff serving newcomers with outdoor programming as permitted due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- assist Community Connections staff with community garden.
- create learning materials for newcomer programming.
- work in partnership with other NWTLC staff to lead literacy activities at summer day camps.
This job may require working on evenings, weekends and holidays depending on activities. Due to funding, this is a temporary position for 12 weeks, and employees must be youth aged 15-30 years old.
Closing date: Friday, May 28, 2021, noon. Please email any questions, resume and cover letter to NWT Literacy Council’s Executive Director, Kathryn Barry Paddock at firstname.lastname@example.org.