Position: Program Coordinator
Term: May 2nd, 2022 – September 2nd, 2022
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Reports to: Executive Director
The Basketball NWT Association (BNWT), in collaboration with its partners and members, strives to foster positive change in the lives of residents of the Northwest Territories. BNWT is working to offer sustainable territory-wide programs and services for members to succeed in basketball.
The Program Coordinator will work with the Executive Director and partners to provide efficient services to the Basketball NWT membership. Specifically, the Program Coordinator is responsible for the organization and delivery of the Outdoor Summer Camps in Yellowknife and four communities in conjunction with NWT Soccer. Travel may be involved.
Activities & Duties
General Office Administration
- Liaise with member clubs, leagues, sport partners and other community groups as required.
- Respond to general phone and email inquiries and forward to the appropriate staff or board member.
- Other tasks required by the Executive Director.
- Organization and delivery of the Soccer Summer Camps in Yellowknife and other communities.
- Hiring, training, and managing additional camp staff.
- Assist in managing all communication platforms (Social Media Platforms & Website).
- Preference given to recent graduate or currently registered as a full-time student or recent graduate in the following fields: sport and recreation, business, event management, communications or related field.
- Completed or willing to complete, at a minimum, Fundamentals certification.
- At least two (2) years’ experience coaching children under the age of twelve.
- Completed or willing to complete the following online programs:
- Safe Sport Training (Online)
- Making Ethical Decisions Evaluation (Online)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and experience in event planning.
- Ability and experience speaking to and facilitating groups.
- Knowledge/experience of social media, website management and creating electronic publications.
Proficiency in the use of technology, including but not limited to:
- Office 365
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Social Media Platforms
- Satisfactory criminal records check, and vulnerable sector check required with application.
- Completed or willing to complete Standard First Aid Level 1, CPR & AED.
Closing Date: Friday April 15, 2022 at 4:30 PM MST.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Rami Ayache, Executive Director Basketball NWT by email to email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.