The Receptionist is accountable to the Office Manager. The Receptionist is responsible for the smooth operation of the reception area. Duties include booking appointments, answering phones, collecting payments, confirming insurance coverage, maintaining and balancing cash records, receiving and providing information to patients and the public and providing secretarial support to the dental clinic, and ensuring that duties of the reception staff are being completed.
- Responsible for the reception area and ensures the patients receive the recommended and approved dental care and personal attention in a timely professional manner.
- Answers incoming calls, fills the schedule for clinical providers, takes and relays messages, gives information about referrals and books appointments for referrals as needed.
- Schedules appointments, follow up appointments and fills cancellations and no show openings.
- Calls patients to confirm the following day’s appointments.
- Advise clients if and when account balances need to be settled.
- Ensures that all appropriate forms are completed prior to client receiving service.
- Updates patient information such as address and phone numbers, records.
- Receives payments for dental services; records and balances cash and receipts.
- Performs clerical and typing duties, provides secretarial support to Office Manager and/or Owner.
- Sorts and processes mail for the dental clinic.
- Maintains the reception area in a professional manner that is clean, tidy and free from clutter.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to function and work cooperatively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
5014 – 53rd Street