Home Base Yellowknife is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to develop, coordinate and implement recreation based programs for youth ages 12-24. Programming includes accessing community based programs including but not limited to STEAM, STEM, recreation facilities and community sports team, arts, music and community involvement.
Are you passionate about youth? Are you creative, innovative, energetic? This may be the position for you!
This is a full-time, in person position located in Yellowknife, NWT and cannot be completed remotely.
Applicants from outside Canada cannot be considered at this time.
- Evening & weekend availability
- Strong communication skills
- Confidence in a crisis or emergency situation
- Enhanced computer skills, Google Suite in particular
- Punctual & reliable
- Strong social skills & emotional intelligence
- Highly adaptable, organized & able to multitask
Employees are encouraged to have/maintain personal Covid-19 vaccination status and to wear a mask when/as they see fit.
Benefits: Casual dress, Paid Vacation & Sick Days with access to an annual Wellness Program
Schedule: 8 hour shifts, Monday to Friday with evening and weekend availability required
- Provide respectful and motivating individualized support to help youth to overcome dependencies, increase independent decision-making and problem solving, and express feelings and facilitate self-awareness
- Collaborate with Navigators and Support Workers to create & schedule daily recreational programming
- Create & maintain community partner relationships for the purpose of working together to offer programming not limited to sports/fitness, community events/workshops, and the arts/music
- Uphold Youth Recreation Program core values: Fun, Safety, Teamwork, Confidence, Education, Honesty, Integrity and Respect
- Minimum of 19 yrs of age
- Fluency in English (verbal/written/comprehension)
- College or University education in the areas of Education, Social Work, Human Services, Recreation or PhysEd
- Equivalencies/life experience may be considered on an individual basis
- Minimum of one year of relevant or related work experience
- Experience working with youth who are experiencing mental health challenges, addictions, homelessness and trauma would be an asset
- Full Class 5 driver's license, minimum of 1yr driving experience in the North
- Clear Driver Abstract
- Clear Criminal Record with Vulnerable Sector check
- Clear Child Protection record check
- VISA status to work in Canada
No youth left out.
Home Base YK provides housing and support to youth in Yellowknife in order for them to achieve life-long success.
Youth Recreation Program
Home Base YK runs recreation program for youth, that runs in conjunction with all other programs at the organization.