The Yellowknife Gymnastics Club is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer Board of Directors and relies on parents, athletes and the community-at-large who support the YKGC through volunteering and fundraising.
We are looking for energetic self-motivated, creative, driven and organized coaches to join our amazing team. If you are team oriented, LOVE working with kids and are committed to providing exceptional quality gymnastics, we encourage you to apply.
We offer a fun and supportive work environment that allows you to make a difference in our athletes while contributing to our company and advancing your skills. Pay is based on experience and qualifications. All positions report directly to the Yellowknife Gymnastics Programs Director
JOB TYPE: Part Time (2-25hrs/week)
$15.20/hr (increased based on training & certifications)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & SKILLS SET:
- Strong class management skills and understanding of physical literacy while engaging children
- Great multi-tasker with experience in coaching circuit-based gymnastics classes
- This can include day time, evening and/or weekends hours.
- Understanding how to provide constant constructive feedback, making course adjustments and providing encouragement to help develop gymnasts achieve their personal best.
- Athletic minded with a healthy lifestyle
- Strong role model and loves to work with kids!
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Experience working with children in previous roles
- NCCP Foundations trained, willing to obtain
- NCCP Active Start trained, willing to obtain
- First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Respect in Sports
- Criminal Record Check