Bouwa Whee Catering is currently seeking an experienced administrator or recruiter for our Yellowknife office. This is a full-time 1 year term position.
The successful candidate will be a customer service oriented individual with exceptional organizational skills. This is a fast-paced exciting environment that focuses on recruiting, hiring, and supporting our operations at 3 remote sites.
- Accepts and reviews all applications received (resumes, voicemail, referrals) on the recruiting platform
- Pre-screens all qualified candidates subject to the Job Description and minimum hiring criteria (English and/or French language clarity, work history, education, training, job skills and salary ).
- Contacts applicants to inform them of the status of their employment possibilities, consideration, and offers
- Performs interviews and hires for entry-level, professional and technical jobs
- Collects all required Background Check Authorization Forms, in order to conduct reference and background checks
- Oversees and schedules all required medical appointments and results required for site access
- Informs potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities
- Maintains the relief pool of qualified candidates in advance of need
- Evaluates recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, and testing standards, recommending revision as needed
- Acts as the HR liaison with all sites and visits each site at least 2 times/year.
- Writes and issues any formal HR documentation such as rejection letters, employment verifications, written warnings, missed flight letters, terminations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple Human Resources areas
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing
- Effective communication skills, excellent telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet departmental targets
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail
- Excellent time and project management
- Attention to detail, strong problem identification and problem resolution
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
- Must have grade 12 education and post-secondary in HR, Administration or Business or possess equivalent experience.
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.