Habitat for Humanity ReStores are home and building supply stores that accept and resell quality new and used building materials, furniture, and home items. Proceeds from ReStore sales support Habitat for Humanity operations. The ReStore Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Habitat for Humanity Northwest Territories Restore, located at the Yellowknife Solid Waste facility. This is a part-time (30 hours) a week, temporary position. Manager must be available to work on Restore opening days, including weekends. Temporary term position from May 2, 2022 – September 3, 2022. Salary is $35/hr with additional vacation pay in lieu of vacation. Cost-shared benefit plan available.
The ReStore Manager main responsibilities are helping customers, pricing items and organizing the store, picking up and receiving donations, keeping track of inventory, and financial reporting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as a positive customer service representative and create a friendly, helpful atmosphere.
- Keep track of product inventory.
- Organize/clean the Restore to provide the best layout to maximize sales and ensure the safety and cleanliness of the store.
- Ensures all materials donated are of resale quality and sort, appraise and price new and used merchandise for sale.
- Assist customers with general inquiries about products and services and provide excellent customer service to all customers to maximize retail sales.
- Pick up/drop off donated items as and when required using company vehicle.
- Process customer payments including a point-of-sale system for merchandise sold.
- Ensures compliance with all financial reporting practices including the reconciling of daily sales, the daily closing out of all financial transactions and preparation of all invoices for payment.
- Work with staff to recruit volunteers and manage all volunteers in the ReStore.
- Adhere to all safety protocols to maintain a safe work environment.
- Various administrative duties including ordering supplies, monthly reports to the Executive Director, and weekly/monthly sales reports.
- Promotion of available inventory through social media and other outreach.
- Keep ReStore facility neat, clean and safe.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director or Board of Directors.
- Good customer service skills. At least one year of sales/customer service experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills with Word, Excel, e-mail, and Facebook.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of building materials and/or home renovation an asset.
- Being a champion and advocate for the Habitat model and the ReStore as a social enterprise are critical attributes for this position.
- Valid driver’s license.
Job location: Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Send resume to Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: April 15, 2022