The Retail Sales Associate will drive sales of core communications products and services to existing and new customers. This may be done in-person and via outbound telemarketing campaigns. Provide information and demonstrations of communications products and services to customers in a retail storefront setting. A High school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum one year consultative sales experience in a retail environment.
SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES (Temporary | Part Time Role)
- Drive sales of core communications products and services to existing and new customers. This may be done in-person and via outbound telemarketing campaigns.
- Provide information and demonstrations of communications products and services to customers in a retail storefront setting.
- Take ownership to continually learn and understand Northwestel’s products, services and promotional offerings to effectively present solutions to customers.
- Actively participate in training and coaching initiatives to improve sales skills and product knowledge.
- Activate and configure services and features for customers.
- Track and record inventory, sales, and activations in an inventory management database.
- Process, distribute and/or file company documentation, including mail, bills, invoices and customer records.
- Process sales and service orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Provide after sale support by following-up as required/requested and thereby ensuring customer loyalty.
- Other clerical support or customer service duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (Temporary | Part Time Role)
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Minimum of one year experience in a computerized environment
- Minimum one year consultative sales experience in a retail environment
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Candidates will be required to score a minimum of 70% on an exam that assesses customer service skills, math, keyboarding, and computer applications
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Northwestel is a truly northern company. We employ more than 500 skilled northern workers to help in delivering telecommunications service to 96 communities across Canada’s North. Together, we are a diverse group of northerners, working to connect our communities through innovative communication solutions designed for life in the North.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in information technology, network engineering, customer service, marketing, finance, and human resources.
Northwestel is recognized as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates. Joining our team means opportunities to grow through education and career development. Plus, competitive wages with a robust benefit package.
We also provide employees with mental health and wellness support tools, such as Telemedicine, Resilience counseling services, and more.
Start your career with Northwestel. Help us build a stronger North.
Northwestel. Our North. Our Home.