Establish and Maintain Partnerships
a)Advisory Committee representative of the NWT
- Establish regular meetings Prepare meeting agendas and notes
- Continue to develop and inform committees
b)Outreach to 3 selected regions (Tlicho, Dehcho, Sahtu).
- Solicit meetings with community leaders, governing bodies, Indigenous governments/Chiefs, Elders, key staff in health and social service programs to determine needs, investigate available services/resources and assess community readiness
- Consultations and informal gatherings with survivors of family violence and/or women helpers/informants to determine promising practices, opportunities, needs and potential risks/threats
- Education re: Family Violence and Survivor input for program design and implementation
- Identify and propose hiring or organizing for prospective community level project leads or committees
- Travel to the selected communities to help foster the work
Note: Travel and per diem expenses will be reimbursed as per the YWCA NWT Personnel Policies for staff development and training.
c) Assist partnering consultant firm in their process of creating a developmental evaluation. This will include informing consultants about community relationships and helping them in their process to create a developmental style evaluation for the project.
d) Prepare yearly Progress Reports for WAGE Canada and inform WAGE liaison of the status of the project.
Salary: $35.32 hourly
Closing date: Until filled
Send resumes to: email@example.com