This is a 1-year, part-time term position, working 25-30 hours weekly with the possibility of a 6 month extension. The YWCA NWT received funding from the federal government to pilot a safe home project to better support survivors of violence in the NWT. This project will be launched in three communities without an existing family violence shelter for women in the NWT. The Project Consultant/Liaison will work with the Executive Director, Consultant partners, and other YWCA NWT staff to advance the project. Safe Home is a multi-year project that requires regular reporting, financial oversight and careful attention in meeting expected project milestones and timelines. Position can be located anywhere in the Northwest Territories.
Establish and Maintain Partnerships
a)Advisory Committee representative of the NWT
- Establish regular meetings Prepare meeting agendas and notes
- Continue to develop and inform committees
b)Outreach to 3 selected regions (Tlicho, Dehcho, Sahtu).
- Solicit meetings with community leaders, governing bodies, Indigenous governments/Chiefs, Elders, key staff in health and social service programs to determine needs, investigate available services/resources and assess community readiness
- Consultations and informal gatherings with survivors of family violence and/or women helpers/informants to determine promising practices, opportunities, needs and potential risks/threats
- Education re: Family Violence and Survivor input for program design and implementation
- Identify and propose hiring or organizing for prospective community level project leads or committees
- Travel to the selected communities to help foster the work
Note: Travel and per diem expenses will be reimbursed as per the YWCA NWT Personnel Policies for staff development and training.
c) Assist partnering consultant firm in their process of creating a developmental evaluation. This will include informing consultants about community relationships and helping them in their process to create a developmental style evaluation for the project.
d) Prepare yearly Progress Reports for WAGE Canada and inform WAGE liaison of the status of the project.
Salary: $35.32 hourly
Closing date: Until filled
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org