We are looking for a Safety Manager based who would be the first point of contact for the Office for Health and Safety and is also responsible for planning and organizing training sessions and orientations. If you have an eye for detail and love problem solving, this could be the ideal job for you!
- Organize and schedule administrative aspects of the safety department including meetings, training etc.
- Performs data entry for Health and Safety Environment related information and compiles statistics and Key Performance Indicators for reporting purposes.
- Completion and submission of all company documents and reports as listed in the company Aviation and Safety Management System Manuals and associated manuals in a timely manner.
- Assist and/or lead internal investigations, compile statements and records and advise the management group on how to improve safety, keep reports of investigation, analysis, circumstances, and cause of accidents or incidents.
- Must ensure that all inspections, etc. are appropriately filed and are complete as per appropriate health and safety legislation.
- Research, plan, and organize training programs/seminars for GSH employees, regarding WHMIS, Fall Protection, Orientation, Personal Protection Equipment, CPR/First Aid, industry specific related issues, etc. as required.
- Promote incident and accident reporting within the company - train all employees in procedures and assist managers in delivery of the safety programs within their departments.
- Monitor and review the Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Reporting Systems from other companies for lessons learned. Keep track of company Civil Aviation Daily Occurrence Reporting Systems.
- Responsible for monitoring safety activities throughout the company to ensure safety compliance is conducted in accordance with applicable instructions, procedures, and standards.
- Represent GSH in external and internal safety organizations and liaise with customers, Government and International agencies on matters affecting safety.
- Maintain the safety audit schedule as per regulatory requirements, participate in audits of main base and sub bases and assist in development of Corrective Action Plans and follow ups.
- Schedule and send company safety communications including memos, manual updates, safety boards etc.
- Ensure site security requirements are met by the company as required for as airports, door codes, surveillance, building alarms etc.
- Work with HR, payroll and workers compensation on reporting, managing and following up on employee injury cases.
- Conduct regular site visits, walk-arounds and advocate as a company safety champion at all levels.
- Experience with SMS protocols within the Transport Canada and client guidelines is an asset;
- Confident leader who is self-motivated, innovative and results-orientated;
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to recognize, access, report and provide solutions;
- Intricate knowledge with Transport Canada regulations, processes, procedures, Canadian Aviation Regulations, Maintenance procedures and policies along with standard auditing requirements;
- Above average organizational and time-management skills with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a busy and flexible environment;
- Sharp investigative skills with a keen sense to comprehend, interpret and analyze information;
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy;
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability;
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.