We are in search of a qualified Health and Safety representative for a period of 4 months.
- Works with the operations team to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans;
- Ensures the management system standards, procedures and safe work plans are developed and maintained in accordance with to established standards (ISO, OHSAS, De Beers Group of Companies and Anglo American);
- Works collaboratively with management, employees and contractors to identify and evaluate risks associated with hazards in the workplace;
- Recommends changes to eliminate or control workplace hazards;
- Assists in arrangement and coordination of occupational health assessments for internal and external audits;
- Provide guidance and maintain Industrial Hygiene programs including investigative field sampling and coordination of contracted sampling program;
- Ensures continuous adherence to legal requirements, standards and organizational objectives and facilitate timely reporting as required;
- Aid in root cause analysis expertise and leads, assists or facilitates incident investigation and relevant recommendations with department managers and supervisors;
- Develops and promotes awareness campaigns and provides a presence to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations;
- Performs frequent site inspections/audits to identify non-compliant equipment and/or processes; and
- Implements comprehensive solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Diploma (or higher) in Occupational Health and Safety or other related field;
- Experience working with safety systems, procedures and work practices;
- Ability to operate with proficiency in MS Office and HSE systems;
- Ability to communicate and influence employees at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work strategically within and external to the department;
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions while delivering exceptional customer service and professionalism;
- Knowledge of safety and health mining regulations; and
- History of strong safety performance.
Beneficial if you have:
- Experience in emergency response, mine rescue or similar;
- Proficiency in SAP and ability to aid in setting up scheduling through SAP for inspections and audits; and
- Experience working at a remote open-pit mining site and in a cross-cultural work environment.
Khione is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.