Northwestel is hiring a Sales Engineer - Customer Solutions Expert to join our exciting team! This position is responsible for supporting the sales process by designing telecommunications solutions, analyzing solution economics, providing estimates and quotes, providing technical guidance to the sales team and customers, and by contributing to RFP responses. Join us today!
- Provide technical assistance, engineering and Request for Proposal / Request for Quote support to Sales, Marketing, Carrier Services and affiliate organizations as required to meet customer requirements, relating to one or more of wireline access, data/voice applications, terminal equipment, WAN/LAN, and radio and satellite solutions.
- Provide quotes on a variety of customer requests addressing both the short-term immediate needs of the customer and their longer-term network/telecommunications requirements. This would include performing analysis of alternatives, costing, design, and strategic recommendations. Solutions would include a combination of tariffed and/or special assembly services (non-tariffed services).
- Consult with Account Executives, Account Managers, Northwestel affiliates, and clients to prepare the technical and business needs of the client account plans and major proposals (i.e. develop the economic basis for both Northwestel and the client).
- Coordinate the design and implementation of accepted client projects to a stage where the handoff is made to engineering/operations.
- Provide feedback to Product Managers and others on product evolution and new product requirements for the perspective of the customer.
- Liaise with equipment suppliers (to assess technical compatibility of solution, to determine availability of equipment and to prepare pricing for quotations to customers), systems architects (on network and systems compatibility), telecommunication consultants (who represent the client) and Product Managers.
- Participate in special projects, as assigned, from time to time.
- Actively participate in the Health & Safety program by working in compliance with OH&S Acts and Regulations, completing required training and reporting immediately to your immediate Manager or your Workplace Health and Safety Committee any work-related hazards and concerns.
- Each incumbent is expected to become an expert in one or more areas (such as data/wireless networking, key systems/PABX, access, radio/satellite, site space/power) to support the Sales function, i.e. become an internal resource and share this knowledge accordingly.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma Information Technology/Telecommunications with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in voice applications or wireline access or networking technology or radio or satellite solutions. Alternate combinations of education and work experience will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), negotiation, analytical (e.g. cost/benefit analysis), organizational and project management skills;
- Networking certifications (e.g. CCNA, CCDA and/or CCDP) will be considered as assets for positions requiring this skillset
- Experience with IP Networking, radio/satellite will be considered an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.