The Service Technician at Northwestel are responsible for installing and maintaining a wide variety of telecommunications services including TV, Internet, Wireless, Voice, and Data. Graduate of a related technical diploma program from a recognized technical college/school or equivalent telecommunications experience is required.
- Installs and maintains telecommunications equipment and associated wiring/fiber.
- Organizes, develops, plans and documents all on site work to the Customer's/Company's satisfaction. This may involve coordinating work with other employees and training customers.
- Represents the Company through direct contact with customers. During these contacts explains Company equipment and services as is appropriate.
- Climbs poles, uses ladders, operates vehicular equipment, power tools, and hand tools in a safe, efficient manner.
- Use Company provided laptop and cell phone as tools to complete day to day work
- Shift work and travel is required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Graduate of a related technical diploma program from a recognized technical college/school or equivalent telecommunications experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, minimum Class 5. With a clean Driver’s Abstract, which is conducted periodically by a third party.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong verbal & written communications skills
- Must be flexible and adaptable to continuous change.
- Must be physically capable of carrying extension ladders long distances and lifting and moving up to 23 kilograms (51 pounds).
- Must have good organizational/coordination skills.
- Need to be able to work as part of a team.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take
pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Northwestel is a truly northern company. We employ more than 500 skilled northern workers to help in delivering telecommunications service to 96 communities across Canada’s North.
Together, we are a diverse group of northerners, working to connect our communities through innovative communication solutions designed for life in the North.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in information technology, network engineering, customer service, marketing, finance, and human resources.
Northwestel is recognized as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates. Joining our team means opportunities to grow through education and career development. Plus, competitive wages with a robust benefit package.
We also provide employees with mental health and wellness support tools, such as Telemedicine, Resilience counseling services, and more.
Start your career with Northwestel. Help us build a stronger North.
Northwestel. Our North. Our Home.