Northwestel is seeking a Service Technician to join the field operations team in Yellowknife! As a Service Technician, you will be responsible for installing and maintaining a wide variety of telecommunications services including TV, Internet, Wireless, Voice, and Data.
- Installs and maintains telecommunications equipment and associated wiring/fiber.
- Organizes, develops, plans and documents all on site work to the Customer's/Company's satisfaction. This may involve coordinating work with other employees and training customers.
- Represents the Company through direct contact with customers. During these contacts explains Company equipment and services as is appropriate.
- Climbs poles, uses ladders, operates vehicular equipment, power tools, and hand tools in a safe, efficient manner.
- Use Company provided laptop and cell phone as tools to complete day to day work
- Shift work and travel is required
- Graduate of a related technical diploma program from a recognized technical college/school or equivalent telecommunications experience.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, minimum Class 5. With a clean Driver’s Abstract, which is conducted periodically by a third party.
Good interpersonal skills and strong verbal & written communications skills
Must be flexible and adaptable to continuous change.
Must be physically capable of carrying extension ladders long distances and lifting and moving up to 23 kilograms (51 pounds).
Must have good organizational/coordination skills.
Need to be able to work as part of a team.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take
pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.