Reporting primarily to the Service Manager the Service Writer (SW) initiates equipment service and repairs by determining performance problems and services requested; verifies warranty and service contract coverage; develops estimates; writes repair orders; and maintains customer rapport and records. An integral member of the Service Team, the Service Writer liaises with internal and external customers and outside suppliers to ensure the most suitable and cost-effective service, product, and provider for optimal customer satisfaction.
*This position is a 1 year term with a good possibility of become a permanent full time position.*
Interested applicants can send your resume and cover letter to:
- Service & Work Orders: Determines equipment problems and services by listening to customer’s description of symptoms; clarifies description of problems; conducts inspections; checks maintenance records; and examines schedules.
- Prepare service, repair and work orders
- Transmit service, repair and work orders to Service Team
- Receive product for repair, track and follow-up work orders
- Verify warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; clarify repair needs and desires; explain any provisions and exclusions in plain speak for customers
- Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculate customers’ payment, including deductibles
- explain any provisions and exclusions in plain speak for customers
- Maintain customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected completion time; obtain customers approval of estimates; obtain and provide contact telephone numbers; and answer questions and concerns. May be expected to Clarify repair needs and desires and provide answers in plain speech (non-technical language).
- Maintain records by recording problems and corrective solutions required
- Required to maintain and update dealership requirements related to courses in Kubota, Bobcat, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Inventory Management
- Monitor vendors for warranty recalls
- Receive and action warranty calls
- Maintain parts for 180days
- Photograph new units capturing serial numbers and make key tags for new units
- Maintain and update all forms
Maintenance: Monitor systems (basement) and identify and action any deficiencies.
- Check outside walls, boilers, and sewage for leaks.
- Check meters and heating oil tank fuel gauges
- Check water maze valves and complete pH testing
- General maintenance and servicing for all above zones & equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and care for shop tools and equipment
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Make recommendations to make the workplace safer
- Related Trades Experience a definite asset.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail skills
- Must be proficient with common computer applications;
- Ability to handle a heavy workload;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a noisy environment
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide drivers abstract upon hire.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of this position.
Ron’s Auto Service Ltd. is a fast growing company that provides industrial supply, sales, service, and rental of large and small equipment across the Northwest Territories and Nunavut with annual sales of $10M. The business carries in excess of 200 product lines and several equipment dealerships.