The YWCA NWT is looking for a Shelter Manager to complete general administrative duties and oversee the day-to-day operations of our Fort Smith Shelter (Sutherland House for Women and Children fleeing domestic violence). This is a full-time permanent position starting immediately. We’re looking for someone with some supervisory experience and are open to flexible work arrangement with the right candidate. The duties are as follows:
- Supervise shelter staff and operations
- Support shelter staff and clients in the shelter environment
- Manage shelter scheduling (leaves, shift coverage etc.)
- Payroll approvals and submissions on biweekly basis
- Complete and submit monthly shelter statistics
- Approves and make purchases for shelter needs, and supplies
- Maintain written communications in shelter operations (ex. client files, memos, log book, staff communication book)
- Follow up weekly with in house clients on service plan, disburse comfort money
- Some on-call responsibilities
- Update the Executive Director or shelter manager as needed about day-to-day operations
- Other duties as assigned in the contract
Job orientation and training will be provided for the ideal candidate. More information about YWCA NWT Family Violence Shelters: www.ywcanwt.ca/family-violence-shelters.
Salary: $38.29 hourly (negotiable) with benefits
Please submit resume to: Hawa Dumbuya-Sesay at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Closing date: Until filled.