Paul Bros NEXTreme Inc. is looking to hire punctual, hard working, energetic, and skilled labourers in Yellowknife, NT.
Applicants must be able to pass a criminal record check and medical/drug tests for work. Work will be based out of Yellowknife, NT.
Successful applicants must hold a valid driver’s license.
Experience in trades such as welding, carpentry, ironworking, mechanics etc. considered an asset. Only candidates who reside in the NT will be considered.
Responsibilities/Duties (but not limited to):
- Cutting, grinding, and smoothing sharp edges of metal
- Assist welders in getting them materials or machines
- Assist welders with layout of materials
- Material handling
- Cleaning and organizing
- Correct unsafe acts and bring unsafe conditions to the attention of immediate supervisor
- Perform work without damage to tools or equipment
- Return all tools (clean) back to the proper area after the job is complete or at the end of the shift
- Ensure the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while performing tasks
- Must be prepared to work at assigned locations as the workload dictates
- Assemble temporary shelters and scaffolding
- Operate the overhead travelling crane (if you have previous experience/are properly trained)
- Carry out all other misc. tasks assigned by foremen
- Deliveries/pickups around Yellowknife
- Load and unload materials to and from delivery trucks, ensuring that they are safely moved.
- Willing to perform physically demanding work
- Use of Hand Power Tools
- Reliability, self-initiative, and a team player
- Ability to prioritize, working within a fast-paced shop environment
- Pay attention to details
- Take pride in work
- Safety orientated. Following rules and all safety procedures.
- Team building
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to work under limited supervision
- Punctual and on time
- Reliable transportation to and from work
Required Certifications: Valid Class 5 Drivers License with Clean Drivers Abstract
Confined Space (an asset) Fall Protection (an asset) Aerial Work Platform (an asset)
Other tickets considered an asset (First Aid, WHIMIS, Skid Steer, Forklift, Telehandler etc.)
Please submit your resume by e-mail or in person.
Successful candidates will be contacted by e-mail/phone. The ad will remain open until the position is filled. All resumes will be kept on file for 3 months.
Paul Bros NEXTreme Inc. known throughout the NWT as Paul Bros Welding, has a long history in Northern Canada, completing many custom manufacturing & construction projects.
From one stream to the NEXTreme, we can serve you with all your custom manufacturing & machining needs