This position provides facilitator support across Inclusion NWT and is generally based in the Skills & Employment Supports Service. The facilitator is part of a team providing support, guidance and experiential learning and job opportunities to adults with intellectual disabilities who have communication and behavioral challenges.
You will be on job sites indoors and outdoors, very active and providing a combination of guiding, mentoring, coaching and side-by-side work to allow our clients to achieve their best in our community.
Apply with resume to email@example.com
. The service focus is employment-based skill development and life skills development in a community setting. Clients gain skills by completing community and business service contracts, and participating in literacy programming and life skills training. Through these experiences, clients improve their skill level, work towards achieving personal goals, and experience increased inclusion in the community.
The facilitator also serves as a job coach, assisting clients seeking employment with job training and mentorship and providing effective and appropriate support to individuals with disabilities once employment has been obtained.
- Knowledge of and skilled at providing support to clients with disabilities while increasing their inclusion and skill development
- Knowledge of case management, assessment, development and implementation of individual goal plans
- Understanding of personal boundaries and the necessary assertiveness to maintain and enforce boundaries
- Ability to communicate with clients with intellectual disabilities
- Ability to adjust support methods to meet the needs of clients and to increase skill and participation
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work cooperatively and professionally as part of a team and to work with other agencies and community partners
A relevant diploma, class 5 drivers license and the ability to provide a clean criminal record check (including vulnerable section check) are requirements.