- Join a family-owned shop known for excellent service
- Enjoy a competitive $35-40 hourly wage
- Live and work in beautiful Hay River, NT
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a full-time Small Engine Technician, specializing in Powersports and marine vehicles, based in Hay River, NT.
This role is ideally suited to a hard-working mechanic, who is looking to join a tight-knit team with incredibly loyal clientele.
You will be responsible for carrying out skilled work, including:
- Identifying customers' needs and exceeding their expectations
- Maintaining, diagnosing, and repairing snowmobiles, ATVs, side-by-sides, and small marine vehicles (motorized aluminum boats, etc.)
- Providing prompt, dependable, high-quality, vehicle service to internal and external customers
- Assisting in inventory management, including removal of units from shipping crates, assembly, etc.
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Following best practices for accuracy and work quality
- Working closely with the service writers and parts and sales departments
- Communicating product questions or issues to supervisor and/or manufacturer
- Maintaining proper documentation, including work orders, repair logs, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
To qualify, you must have a background in diagnosing and fixing small gas engines and technical background in powersport and marine vehicles, such as snowmobiles, ATVs, side-by-sides, small aluminum fishing boats, or other related engines. A Red Seal / Journeyperson license will be considered an asset, but isn't required.
We will also consider 3rd or 4th-year apprentices in an accredited trades program!
To successfully perform this role, the following skills and abilities are also essential:
- Routine maintenance, small engine repair, vehicle assembly, accessory installation, and diagnostics
- Weekend (Saturdays) availability during peak season
- Valid Driver's License
The successful candidate should possess a strong desire in delivering exceptional service to our loyal clients. Whether you're an experienced technician or an apprentice just starting in your career, we will provide all relevant training needed to see you succeed.
Initiative, transparency, reliability, self-motivation, discipline, and a solutions-forward mindset will serve you well in this role. Your effective communication style and superior customer service skills be a great addition to our collaborative team.
About Monster Recreational Products
At Monster Recreational Products, we are Powersports enthusiasts, and we are excited to help our customers experience the fun and adventure that quality outdoor recreational vehicles can bring into their life! We are a Powersports dealership serving the Northwest Territories and Nunavut from Hay River, offering the best in new and pre-owned snowmobiles, ATVs, Side-by-Sides, small marine, and other Powersports vehicles.
Our dealership has a rock-solid reputation for providing excellent service, support, and satisfaction. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the best service available, the best parts and accessories, and a staff that understands all aspects of our business.
For more information, please visit our website.