The NWT Montessori Society is hiring a summer camp leader for our Summer camp program.
This is a full time position for 8 weeks through Canada Summer Jobs
Work with children between the ages of 3-5 while adhering to the policies of the NWT Montessori Society and the Northwest Territories Daycare Act.
- Monitor students during lunch and snack times
- Ensure that proper sanitizing of materials and surfaces is compliant with Health and Safety Regulations
- Supervise students in the classroom and during outdoor play
- Follow program schedules (activities, outdoor play, lunch, rest and snack time)
- Follow guidelines for parent communication, confidentiality and the NWT Montessori Society's policies as stated in the Parent Handbook
- Supervise during outdoor play to ensure the safety of students
- Compliance with the NWT Daycare Act and NWT Montessori Society regulations at all times
- Follow the Positive Behavior Policy
- Awareness and use of Emergency procedures
- Facilitate age appropriate activities when needed
- Light administrative duties (photocopying, preparation of crafts and activities)
Must qualify under Canada Summer Jobs
Criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector check and First Aid/CPR or willing to obtain.