Clark Builders is building our team so we are looking for people who are looking to build their career. So if you are looking for a great place for a career, then apply today!!
At Clark Builders, we build Exceptional Experiences! Our remarkable team, made up of individuals with unique talents and perspectives, work together each and every day to deliver exceptional, successful projects and experiences for our clients across the North through innovation and inspiration.
The successful candidate will provide overall onsite leadership, administrative and technical management for the construction of a project. The Superintendent is accountable for the onsite safety, contracts, schedule, quality, cost control, people and administration of the project. The Superintendent is responsible to manage project performance and to protect and promote the interests of Clark Builders, its employees, clients, subtrades and relationships to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and with quality in a safe and efficient manner.
Clark Builders employees receive a benefits package and access to training.
- Ensure proactive project safety management and security practices in keeping with the Clark Builders Safety & Loss Prevention program and applicable legislation. Cooperate fully with Clark Builders' Safety Department and promote ongoing training and development.
- Have complete knowledge of all Prime Contract and Subcontract documents, drawings, specifications and relevant key drivers.
- Be accountable for the acquisition, usage and management of all tools and equipment.
- Purchase construction materials for work to be delivered by Clark Builders' site.
- Predetermine temporary construction services and efficient timing of same.
- Submission of cost coded timesheets, quantity reports, purchase orders, delivery slips, QA/QC documentation, daily reports and all administrative.
- tracking/management documents as required by the Project.
- Participate in project reviews.
- Plan and facilitate field trade meetings to ensure project metrics are achieved.
- Lead and manage resources and Clark Builders onsite workforce to maximize productivity.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of the project Master schedule. The prime responsibility of schedule tracking and management shall reside with the Superintendent.
- Utilize 3-week look-aheads to manage on site schedules, resources, trade commencement and material deliveries.
- Coordinate and direct the activities of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure trade start-up meetings are held prior to subcontractor work commencing.
- Establish a site QA/QC plan during the preconstruction phase in conjunction with the Project Manager. Ensure QA/QC is managed and documented to demonstrate compliance with the Contract documents.
- Journeyman trade certificate
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential
- Experience with MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- An excellent track record of maintaining records/ documents and completion of the required reports
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skill are required
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills are required
- Must have a valid Class 5 drivers License
- Provide a drivers abstract upon hire
- Current First Aid and up to date safety training
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Adhere to Clark Builders Safety Policy
- No phone calls please