Supported Living services allow individuals to live in their own home (rather than the family home) with the supports needed to live a good life. A key component of this work is to assist clients in their physical, social, recreational, emotional and life skills development in their own home.
The Supported Living Team Member is responsible for delivering supports in all aspects of daily living for Supported Living clients in the home including but not limited to:
- Assisting and teaching clients daily life skills and/or behaviour management techniques
- Assisting and teaching clients personal hygiene and grooming i.e. bathing, oral hygiene, and toileting.
- Assisting and teaching clients basic cooking, meal planning and preparation. Through supported decision making, helping clients in Supported Living develop increased ability to increase their level of independence in areas such as household management.
- The Supported Living Team Member assists with ensuring documentation is in place and communication takes place to support the clients including:
- Providing verbal updates on clients during hand-off at the end of each shift to the next staff.
- Reviewing clients activities in the log, communication and client notes at the start of each shift
The Supported Living Team Member requires experience, knowledge and skills ideally achieved through a diploma in a relevant field combined with at least one year of relevant experience. Background in serving people with disabilities is an asset. Equivalencies will be considered.
The following certifications are required or preferred:
Valid class 5 driver’s license (required)
Successful criminal records check (required)
First Aid/CPR certification (required)
Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification (preferred)
To Apply email: email@example.com
Inclusion NWT is a non-profit organization providing services to individuals with intellectual, developmental and other disabilities and their families, assisting them in living meaningful lives in supportive communities.