Technical Assistant Intern is responsible for overseeing all operations of WAMP’s production equipment library and services.
This internship opportunity is presented as part of the “Digital Skills for Youth” program coordinated by the Independent Media Arts Alliance and funded by the Department of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada.
- Assisting with various workshops and film-related events both in the pre-production phase and in-person events.
- Assist with basic communications regarding event planning and travel logistics on various projects.
- Assist with maintaining our web presence by updating our website and social accounts;
- Assisting our Technical Director with the equipment rental operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior customer service abilities;
- Strong communication skills with coworkers, stakeholders, and workshop participants;
- Excellent organizational abilities;
- Good working knowledge of computers and office software (i.e. Google Drive);
- Physically capable of lifting and handling equipment.
WAMP is a membership-based non-profit Canadian arts organization based in the City of Yellowknife, NWT. Our mission is to produce, support, showcase and promote the film, video, and digital media across the North. We do this by supporting media producers and digital creators by showcasing and promoting their work. Further, we support filmmakers by connecting them to stakeholders and resources; keeping them informed about funding opportunities, learning about and understanding their craft, and fostering professional relationships that support them in achieving their creative potential.