The Thrift Store Clerk provides customer service to customers, sorts incoming products, and assists the Supervisor in the maintenance of all store operations.
Deadline: 18 March 2021
Hours of work: Monday and two other days TBD(10AM - 6PM)
• Responsible for the accurate completion of all customer transactions including cash, credit, and debit.
• Communicates with costumers to provide product and store information
• Completes daily cash-out and sales receipt summaries and bank deposit documentation as per Thrift Store policy
• Receives, sorts, and prices donations based on store policies
• Places priced product on floor racks and shelves
• Removes product from and keep clean donation bin
• Discards unusable and old product to Thrift Store garbage
• Rotates floor product as per Thrift Store policy
• Implements store layout plans to attract customers including window displays and merchandise
• Contributes to the control of inventory by retrieving, sorting, and pricing as per directions
• Protects the store from inventory shrinkage by close visual monitoring
Assists in daily cleaning duties of the Thrift Store including sorting areas, staff washroom, store product areas (shelves and racks), floors, windows, change rooms and exterior donation receiving areas (store main and rear entrances) and as directed
• At least 3 months experience in retail and customer service, preferred
• Experience using a cash register
• Be conscientious of good customer service; treat customers respectfully
• Some understanding and knowledge of clothing, fabric and furniture value
• Ability to sort, price and display appropriate donations
• Acceptable criminal records check is required
• There will be general housekeeping tasks required in order to maintain workspace.
• Lifting/moving of up to 30 pounds is required
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years