Ollie Williams Media Ltd (OWM) seeks a Video Assistant to join a rapidly growing video production and social media management team based in Yellowknife, NWT.
This position is offered as an initial three-month internship with an ideal start date of January 4 until March 31, 2021. There is the prospect of a three-month extension or permanent employment at the end of the initial period for the right candidate.
OWM shoots and edits compelling video content for a wide range of clients and manages a suite of high-profile social media channels. A job here is the perfect start in the video, broadcast, and marketing industries for the right candidate.
This position is offered with help from Canada’s Digital Skills for Youth initiative. To meet the criteria of this federal program, applicants must be at most 30 years old on the expected start date of the position (January 4, 2021). You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and you must self-assess as underemployed, meaning you either are not employed, feel you are employed below your level of education, or currently have only part-time employment.
The Video Assistant will provide production support to OWM as follows:
- Managing equipment and acquiring a basic understanding of how all OWM broadcast equipment is operated;
- Managing digital media: ensuring all footage/audio from OWM shoots is correctly processed, stored and logged;
- Coordinating shoots involving OWM staff and clients;
- Shooting footage as directed;
- Editing footage as directed;
- Providing other production assistance on location and in studio as directed;
- Carrying out basic social media management tasks on behalf of clients;
- Developing ideas for video and social projects.
The Video Assistant should be good at caring for digital files, know their way around Windows and Mac operating systems, and be prepared to take responsibility for ensuring hours of footage are correctly labelled and stored for future access.
Experience with cameras and video editing software is an asset. Training will be provided if required.
The Video Assistant should be able to demonstrate that they are good at communicating, creative, diligent, and reliable. Strong writing skills and flair for social media are an asset.