The Volunteer Manager is responsible for the overall recruitment, coordination, and management of all 450+ volunteers that make Folk On The Rocks happen.
- Creates a work plan with recruitment tactics, goals for numbers of volunteers per team, and budget for volunteer needs;
- Recruits and assigns volunteers into volunteer areas;
- Uses the official FOTR volunteer database and FOTR website to communicate with and organize volunteers;
- Recruits, organizes, and trains Team Coordinators;
- Assists Team Coordinators with scheduling and other needs;
- Procures supplies for each volunteer area;
- Organizes and updates volunteer team manuals, writing new ones as needed;
- Ensures all volunteer training is organized and completed prior to festival;
- Supplies all team captains and their volunteers with necessary festival information;
- Manages the operations of the Volunteer Support role;
- Organizes and supervises Volunteer Headquarters onsite;
- Supplies volunteers as needed to all contracted staff;
- Connects contracted staff with appropriate Team Coordinators;
- Coordinates volunteer after party; and
- Is on-site for the duration of the festival
This position requires a patient and organized person with strong people skills. Applicants should have strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills. Strong ties to other community-focused groups and previous work in large-scale events will be considered assets.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm, on March 11th, 2022.
Folk On The Rocks believes in uplifting and providing equitable opportunities to those from marginalized communities, and we encourage applicants from such communities including Indigenous people, people of colour, persons living with disabilities, persons representing diverse genders and sexualities (2SLGBTQ+). We recognize that not all terms always work for all people, and we welcome applications from all interested parties.