The Volunteer Manager is responsible for the overall recruitment, coordination, and management of all 450+ volunteers that make Folk On The Rocks happen.
- Creates a work plan with recruitment tactics, goals for numbers of volunteers per team, and budget for volunteer needs;
- Recruits and assigns volunteers into volunteer areas;
- Uses the official FOTR volunteer database and FOTR website to communicate with and organize volunteers;
- Recruits, organizes, and trains Team Coordinators;
- Assists Team Coordinators with scheduling and other needs;
- Procures supplies for each volunteer area;
- Organizes and updates volunteer team manuals, writing new ones as needed;
- Ensures all volunteer training is organized and completed prior to festival;
- Supplies all team captains and their volunteers with necessary festival information;
- Manages the operations of the Volunteer Support role;
- Organizes and supervises Volunteer Headquarters onsite;
- Supplies volunteers as needed to all contracted staff;
- Connects contracted staff with appropriate Team Coordinators;
- Coordinates volunteer appreciation event; and
- Is on-site for the duration of the festival.
This position requires a patient and organized person with strong people skills. Applicants should have strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills. Strong ties to other community-focused groups and previous work in large-scale events will be considered assets.