The Nuna Group of Companies is now accepting resumes for a Warehouseperson with large earthworks construction or mining projects experience.
Nuna is the largest Inuit-owned heavy civil construction, earthworks and mine construction contractor in Canada.
What we offer:
- 3 week on / 3 week off rotations; 12 hour days
- Competitive hourly rate with Overtime pay,
- Flights and accommodations are covered,
- Long term employment opportunities
* Snap Lake, NT
- Assist in the preparation for movement of equipment and materials. This role is the primary shipper/receiver for all Nuna materials;
- Organize inbound and outbound materials to and from project sites, and manage the daily reporting of materials movements/logistics status for project sites;
- Maintain inventory and coordinate with other shops;
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with couriers and expeditors.
- Monitor all shipped items in the supply chain to/from the Acheson facility.
- Support the compilation of the project procurement strategy and schedule;
- Monitor supply chain delivery against procurement schedule;
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all logistics department functions;
- Load crates, consolidate orders, load sea-cans, pick parts and other physical tasks are required;
- This role is a combination of physical workload and administrative duties. It is estimated that the split will be 75/25 but will vary depending on business demands.
- Other duties as required
- Minimum high school diploma.
- 3-5 years of relevant construction or equipment, warehouse, or logistics experience.
- Knowledge of equipment, warehouse, and logistics processes and procedures.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and JDE
- Ability to listen to client concerns and provide requisite solutions.
- Proficiency in procurement processes.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Relevant product and subcontract market knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills and high competency with transportation subcontractor selection.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet tight and demanding deadlines.
- Proficiency using a computer and Microsoft Office. JDE experience is an asset.
- Equipment operating experience an asset (forklift, skid steer, loader)
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) is an asset.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
All successful candidates must:
- Be proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Have a valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Have experience as requested in the job description above
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at http://nunalogistics.com/jobs.html or or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuna Logistics is a highly regarded civil construction company with hundreds of employees working across the Arctic and Northern Canada. Working often in remote locations, Nuna offers unique on-the-job experience and opportunity to build an exciting career. Our multi-disciplined teams provide a comprehensive array of services and innovative solutions to the most challenging and remote sites in northern Canada. Nuna's core values of: Safety - Integrity - Teamwork - Respect for Cultural Diversity and for Community & Environment; reflect our reputation as a safe, cost-effective and innovative operator in the north.