We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at a remote mine site. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical parts with a great deal of precision.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Professional Certification
Khione Resources is a northern human resource company connecting companies and businesses with skilled and qualified workers.
We've made it our mission to accommodate the diverse needs of our clients by providing specialized services. Our employees are carefully selected, and our experienced and connected managers respond to the needs of our clients.
We have a strong commitment to the North and it shows in our work force, which comprises 80% northern and northern aboriginal people.