This position is responsible for the timely coordination of technical resources and equipment to fulfil service orders according to customer specifications and departmental service delivery metrics. Primary focus for the role will be placed on missed appointment reconciliation, jeopardy handling, and communication with customers in specifically targeted customer market segments.
- Review scheduled customer appointments to ensure the appropriate technical resources and equipment are available and allocated to complete the service order(s) on time and in accordance with customer specifications.
- Create and maintain a Schedule of Appointments for technicians in accordance with technician skills inventory, available resources to complete the work order and customer scheduling commitments ensuring the daily workloads apply to each technician ensure service level objectives and metrics are achieved.
- Contact customers prior to scheduled appointment times to ensure service order can be fulfilled as initially promised. Where required, review appointment information and reschedule appointment to ensure initial commitments are adjusted with minimal disruption to the customer.
- Monitor service order workflow through various departments, seeking information regarding facilities and equipment needed to meet customer commitments and service level objectives and escalate all scheduling discrepancies and conflicts in advance to the Manager for resolution.
- Coordinate travel plans for technicians as required to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Work closely with Field Operations management, Foremen, Workforce Planners, Real-time Coordinators and Call Centre resources in organizing and validating workloads for high priority or work in jeopardy of not meeting stated commitments to customers.
- Understand the resource pool of technical competencies of Field Operations technicians as required to fulfill customer commitments reporting any gaps to the department Manager or the respective Manager, Field Operations.
- Answer technician calls on service order progress providing support to Field Operations staff in real-time.
- Work collaboratively with other Workforce Schedulers and Real-time Coordinators to recommend solutions and resolve operational gaps in planned and actual workload and workforce.
- Sign off all completed service orders and schedule follow-up appointments as necessary.
- Validate customer billing information on customer orders and enter charges to customer accounts.
- Prepare documentation for technical staff and administrative procedures as required.
- Act as business prime / process prime for departmental improvement initiatives.
- Shift work may be required for this position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Grade Twelve education.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a clerical or administrative position, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Must pass qualifying test including computer skills, organizational skills, customer service skills and communication skills.
- Previous experience acting in a business or process analyst role supporting projects is an asset.
- Previous experience in a customer-facing position is an asset.
- Experience in the Cable or Telecommunications industry is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Northwestel's provisioning and assurance processes, programs and software is an asset.
- Knowledge of Northern geographic areas is an asset.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.
Northwestel is a truly northern company. We employ more than 500 skilled northern workers to help in delivering telecommunications service to 96 communities across Canada’s North.
Together, we are a diverse group of northerners, working to connect our communities through innovative communication solutions designed for life in the North. We offer a wide range of career opportunities, including positions in information technology, network engineering, customer service, marketing, finance, and human resources.
Northwestel is recognized as one of Canada’s best employers for recent graduates. Joining our team means opportunities to grow through education and career development. Plus, competitive wages with a robust benefit package.
We also provide employees with mental health and wellness support tools, such as Telemedicine, Resilience counseling services, and more.
Start your career with Northwestel. Help us build a stronger North.
Northwestel. Our North. Our Home.