Workshop Facilitator will work closely with the Executive Director and Equipment Technician to schedule, plan, and execute workshops using WAMP’s robust equipment library.
- Liaise with WAMP staff, the membership base, and previous workshop participants to schedule upcoming events;
- Provide accurate curriculum and descriptions of each workshop day;
- Detail deliverables and outcomes expected for each registrant; and
- Work collaboratively with participants toward a final goal.
- Strong knowledge of film, sound, lighting, photography, and other digital media equipment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior customer service abilities;
- Self-starting, able to work with little supervision;
- Excellent organizational abilities;
- Good working knowledge of computers and office software (i.e. Google Drive, Word, Excel);
- Physically capable of lifting and handling equipment; and
- Must provide a Vulnerable Sector Check upon hiring.
WAMP is a membership-based non-profit Canadian arts organization based in the City of Yellowknife, NWT. Our mission is to produce, support, showcase and promote the film, video, and digital media across the North. We do this by supporting media producers and digital creators by showcasing and promoting their work. Further, we support filmmakers by connecting them to stakeholders and resources; keeping them informed about funding opportunities, learning about and understanding their craft, and fostering professional relationships that support them in achieving their creative potential.