Providing customer service to contractors and do-it-yourselfers by loading customers’, building loads and assisting with maintenance of an efficient and clean lumber yard. This is accomplished by assisting customers in loading items they have purchased along with gathering materials to be delivered. Inventory control, product knowledge and organization skills are all components of this position. Contributes to maintaining the inventory in the yard by conducting cycle counts, keeping the yard organize, and ensuring the correct material is shipped and received. All yard personnel are required to properly use and maintain all equipment (such as the forklift and saw).
- Able to prioritize; manage time and coordinate multiple tasks
- Loading/unloading delivery trucks
- Operating in outdoor/indoor conditions, and ability to load and unload lumber and other building materials with or without reasonable accommodations.
- All yard personnel should be prepared to work in all types of weather
- Readily accepts additional responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to interact with and work well with others
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Ability to participate effectively as a team member
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays as needed