Do you enjoy working with kids? Do you work well being led by others, but also have the ability to lead others? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we want to hear from you!
The YK Racquet Club is looking for a Camp Leaders for our 2021 Kid Fit Summer Camp.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, you can apply through this job posting or send your resume and cover letter to Meghan Newberry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Camp Leader duties include (But not limited to):
- Assisting the Director with the development of Kid Fit Camp curriculum ensuring active play/activities for campers, which may include but not be limited to the purchase of camp supplies and equipment (with RC funds);
- Assisting the Director with the scheduling of a.m. and p.m. breaks (15 mins) and ½ hour lunch breaks with the Kid Fit Team;
- Group supervision of campers with attention to all of the following: program, health, happiness, discipline, cleanliness, safety, routine duties, character and skill development;
- Be concerned for the social adjustment of EACH camper;
- Assist with the planning and carrying out projects and activities of each day;
- Promote camper participation in ALL activities;
- Assist campers with housekeeping chores – EX: Cleaning up after their lunch, putting shoes on rack etc:
- Take turns with other counselors for various responsibilities;
- Teach or assist with camp programs and encourage camper participation;
- Set a good example in ALL you do at camp. Camp is a fun learning experience!
- Work with the camp directors and other camp staff to iron out difficulties with campers;
- Help develop and carry out a camp program that reflects the goals of the RC.
Camp Leader qualifications include:
- Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid & CPR Certificate
- 18 years or older
- Availability for the entirety of Summer 2021 as camp runs June 28, 2021 to August 27, 2021