The Yellowknives Dene First Nation (YKDFN) is governed by a Chief and Council which has offices in Dettah and Ndilo. The YKDFN Chiefs and Council affirm our sacred obligation to serve our people and our commitment to live balanced contemporary lifestyles with culture and traditions important to our community, to speak our traditional language, and to protect our natural resources and treaty rights. For Chiefs and Council to lead the YKDFN requires having qualified personnel to achieve a prosperous future for our citizens. The incumbent works within this context to provide effective and efficient level of support and assistance.
Reporting to the Director, the Bus Driver/General Assistant is a member of the Early Leaning & Child Care professional team. The incumbent is responsible for a passenger bus and for safely transporting pre-school children to and from, the Early Learning & Child Care program each day. This position is also responsible for general assistance, but not limited to, in areas of general maintenance and upkeep of facility, cleanliness of facility, assist in meal preparation, program errands, and assist in field trips and cultural activities. This position is located in Ndilo, Monday to Friday.
To be considered, applicants must have the following minimum requirements:
- Class “4” Drivers’ License with a clean drivers abstract;
- Be physical fit and ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children;
- Up to date Immunizations including COVID vaccinations;
- Clean Criminal Records’ Check with Vulnerable Sector prior to hire;
- Work experience related to childcare would be an asset;
- Knowledge of customs and traditions of Wiiliideh culture considered an asset;
- Current First Aid/with Child Care CPR Certificate are requirements, but we are willing to provide the training for successful candidates.