This position is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories and is responsible for supporting the program coordinators of the Family Centre, Afterschool child care program, Project Child Recovery and GirlSpace to carry out the day-to-day programming needs and operations. The candidate will also be responsible for overseeing one of our programs as an afterschool senior leader.
Role of position:
Parents and children receive appropriate services and programs in a timely manner in a welcoming environment
Young children are stimulated to learn and develop skills
Parents are encouraged to learn new skills to help their children, and to strengthen the child-parent bond
A respectful and collaborative environment is maintained for everyone
Staff are encouraged to further develop their skills and knowledge
Revenue and expenses are monitored and actions are taken to expend resources in appropriate and creative ways to benefit the program’s goals
Emerging issues or other concerns are presented to the Director
For a complete job description, visit www.ywcanwt.ca/jobs.
To apply, send a resume to Hawa Dumbuya-Sesay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 years’ experience in the childcare field, including supervision experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Cross cultural experience/skills
- Current first aid/CPR
- Updated criminal record with vulnerable sector completed
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm and respectful
- Maintain appropriate professional and personal boundaries
- Ability to work with persons of varying cultural backgrounds
- Experience with organizing program materials/activity planning