We are seeking an enthusiastic Commissary Clerk at the Diavik Diamond Mine site
- point of pickup is within the Northwest Territories
- due to the Covid-19 epidemic all employees will be required to work 3 weeks in, 3 weeks out (3x3) until further notice
- rotational schedule is subject to change
Under the supervision and direction of the Head Housekeeper, the Commissary Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Commissary and specified Janitorial services. This is a Full-Time position on a 3x3 rotation.
Some of these duties include (but are not limited to):
- Assists Camp Manager in preparing weekly orders for service and commissary items.
- Provide Head Housekeeper with any information regarding incidents and/or efficiency of the day’s or night’s operation.
- Assist in preparing an accurate and complete weekly/monthly inventory of all supplies and products in your area of operation.
- Complete accurate and timely reports as required (i.e. daily & weekly cash reports, inventories and deposits).
- Stock all supplies/products necessary for the day’s service (i.e. cash supplies, change and stock, cleaning materials and equipment).
- Check all machinery and equipment to ensure that all is in good working order (i.e. cash register, pop machines, pop cooler, and credit card imprinter, floor scrubbers, carpet cleaners ect).
- Check all beverage dispensers within your area to ensure they are well stocked and operating correctly.
- Put away all equipment properly and in a timely manner. Clean and organize commissary storage area.
- Pick up, drop off and manage incoming and outgoing mail. Post a daily list of names with newly arrived mail.
- Manage the Video/DVD library
- Be ready willing and able to fulfill all reasonable related duties and/or requests of the Head Housekeeper.
- Must have at least 1-2 years’ experience in retail, and 1-year related experience in the housekeeping/janitorial field
- A background in accounting and bookkeeping is considered an asset.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of inventory control, invoicing, spreadsheet applications and purchase order systems.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with the public in a sales capacity.
- Must be able to spend a 12-hour shift entirely on your feet in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have current WHMIS certificates and keep it updated regularly.
- Familiarity with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must have a complete understanding of the proper use of all equipment and employ safe working practices at all times.
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- exceptional customer service skills and enjoys working with the public
- have attention to details and ability to follow checklists
- proven punctuality with a pleasant, professional demeanor
Full-Time employees are eligible for medical benefits and RSP matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the attached link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/