Equipment Operator - Haul Truck
Employment Type: Employee & Temporary (12 Month Term) Available
Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd. is a Canadian diamond mining company situated approximately 200 kilometers south of the Arctic Circle in Canada’s Northwest Territories. The company operates the Ekati Diamond Mine, in which it owns a controlling interest. It supplies rough diamonds to the global market through its sorting and selling operations in Canada, and Belgium and is Canada’s largest independent diamond producer.
Arctic maximizes the sales value of its rough stones from the Ekati Diamond Mines and maintains a preferred position as a supplier of rough diamonds to the world’s diamond manufacturers (cutters and polishers) by dealing directly with them and tailoring rough diamond parcels to the client’s particular needs.
Why Arctic Canadian Diamond Company?
At Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., we believe people are our most important asset. That is why we are fully committed to the health, safety, and well-being of our employees and to establishing strong lasting and respectful relationships with the people and communities with whom we work.
Arctic is dedicated to developing our workforce and committed to creating an environment where people can learn, grow, and take on new responsibilities. We build capacity within our workforce by offering leadership training, apprenticeship positions, and adult education initiatives, all of which encourage employees and contractors to strive for growth and development.
Since beginning operations in 1998, the Ekati Diamond mine has become internationally recognized as a world-class supplier of top-quality rough diamonds. Now operated by Arctic Canadian Diamond Company Ltd., the Ekati mine provides unique operational challenges and rewarding career development opportunities.
As a member of the Surface Mining Team, the Equipment Operator - Haul Truck will report to the Surface Mining Team Leader and work a three (3) weeks on, three (3) weeks off rotation at the Ekati mine site. The Equipment Operator - Haul Truck will ensure the safe and efficient operation of 100t and 180t Caterpillar haul trucks in a complex surface mining environment. The successful candidate will work in a flexible team environment to achieve best-in-class efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure safe and efficient operation of the haul trucks;
- Effective communication using a 2-way radio system;
- Successfully use an electronic production data collection system (WENCO);
- Maintain equipment integrity and complete job hazard analysis reports and equipment log books;
- Always protect the safety and well-being of yourself and your co-workers. Follow all Company specific safety protocols and Occupational Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience operating 100t and 180t Caterpillar haul trucks;
- Experience working in a mining or industrial setting;
- Working knowledge of an electronic production data collection system (i.e. WENCO) and basic computer literacy, with a willingness to learn new computer skills.
Preference will be given to qualified applicants from Impact Benefit Agreement Groups. Members should clearly identify their IBA status on the online job application and resume, to receive priority consideration.
For information about the beautiful region in which our mines are located visit www.spectacularnwt.com.