Janitorial Staff are expected to work as part of the NWT Resource Centre’s Community Services and Maintenance Team to provide janitorial services and some light maintenance duties to effectively fulfill its mission in the community
- Light repairs & maintenance
- Clean front entrance floors, doors and windows throughout the building
- Clean all washrooms.
- Sweep and mop floors
- Vacuum throughout the building
- Sweep and mop hallways and everywhere as needed
- Sweep and mop front and rear building stairwells
- Ensures proper paper products and cleaning supplies are supplied to washrooms and kitchen
- Follow set, schedule route for daily deliveries
- Load and organize product inventory
- Serve and/or monitor shelter lunch typically between 12:30 and 1:00 pm
- Post serving clean kitchen floors, wash dishes, wipe down tables and chairs, clean steam trays and change steam tray water
- Knowledge of cleaning and janitorial skills
- Food safety
- Understanding of: ABORIGINAL and Inuit cultures: ADDICTIONS: MENTAL health and other social issues.
- Effective communication in English both written and oral.
- Experience in performing maintenance and light repairs
- Acceptable criminal record check
Successful candidates, prior to hiring, may be required to provide:
- Background check consent
- A clear vulnerable sector screening
- A clean drivers abstract
- Completion of our online Armatus Abuse Training and required Health and Safety training
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment for individuals hired by The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise your supervisor of your intentions prior to submitting your application
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Mission and Values Statement
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.