Nextreme is hiring Journeyperson/student Scaffolders/Erectors/Inspectors to work out of Yellowknife to meet various Scaffolding requirements. This includes field and shop work, with experience as an industrial Scaffolder with or without inspection abilities for Tube and Clamp Scaffold.
- Erect, inspect, repair, dismantle, maintain and identify System and Tube and Clamp scaffolds;
- Design scaffolds to site requirements and material specifications in accordance with Company guidelines;
- Monitor levels in scaffolding structures to ensure stability;
- Ensure fall protection methods are available, adequate and maintained on scaffold assemblies;
- Undertake discipline work scopes as required;
- Adopt safe working practices and promote safety awareness;
- Assess the type and location of scaffold required to follow the self-certification and inspection check; and
- Ensure that all scaffolds are build, inspected and dismantled in accordance with scaffold procedure.
Possess the following valid certificates:
- Journeyperson ticket
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS)
- First Aid
- Experience with erection of system and tube and clamp scaffolding
- Ability to work productively in adverse conditions
- Effective communication skills (written & oral).
A local company with a global ambition, Paul Bros was established in 1978 and is the North’s steel specialty company. We were the second business by the Paul family with the first one being Back Bay Welding in the early 1970’s. Welding is in our roots and carried forward in the Paul family name. As the premier manufacturing facility in the North, Paul Bros provides a number of services and products.
All of our directors are Aboriginal and were born and raised in the Northwest Territories from all three recognized aboriginal groups: Dené, Métis, and Inuvialuit. We are CWB and COR certified. With our diverse team of welders, ironworkers, millwrights, pipefitters, machinists, mechanics, carpenters, industrial painters, plumbers, welding inspectors, and engineers; we are a regional leader and deliver unrivaled quality and optimum value.
We have a 12000 sq. feet shop space with vacant properties, heavy equipment, and mobile operations. We also have our own dedicated machine shop with Computerized (CNC) lathes, mills, plasma cutters, roller, brake, and saw.
Our team receives regular training to make sure they stay updated with the latest equipment and standards.