BRUNO’S PIZZA LTD. is searching for a reliable person to assist in the kitchen with food preparation and cleaning. To be successful as an ideal candidate, you should be punctual, a fast learner, can ensure a clean work area and demonstrate knowledge of proper food handling procedures. Ultimately, an outstanding Kitchen Helper should be able to follow all food health and safety regulations and display exceptional organizational skills to ensure the timely completion of kitchen duties.
- Responsible for line preparation, including washing, peeling and chopping vegetables, fruits and certain types of meats etc.
- Keep the kitchen appliances such as ovens, dishwashers, and refrigerators clean, and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately.
- Remove expired or spoiled ingredients from the refrigerator, freezer, and stockroom on a timely basis.
- Perform daily cleaning routines, including sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning work surfaces, and steam-cleans garbage cans.
- Operate dishwashers to wash kitchen pots and pans, small wares, utensils, and glassware etc.
- Responsible for loading and unloading supplies and inventories, and placing them in the appropriate places.
- Segregate and remove kitchen trash and garbage, and place them in designated containers at designed times.
- Assist waitstaff in clearing and setting tables, recording sales, replenishing condiments as required, especially during peak hours.
- Comply with all food safe regulations, as well as all health and safety policies and procedures.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Previous work experience (at least 6 months) is required.
- Quality conscious & attention to detail.