Welcome to Midwest!
Privately held and rooted in Western Canada for over 60 years, we manage quality residential rental properties in Alberta, British Columbia and the North West Territories. We are committed to providing the best value and quality for our residents by consistently maintaining our properties and delivering excellent customer service. Our commitment to our residents and our communities allows us to fulfill our mission statement: "Where community lives"
This position reports to the Site Manager and/or Maintenance Manager.
This is a full-time position involving general suite maintenance, with duties which include but not limited to:
- Assisting with the daily maintenance operations of the site
- Maintaining building exterior including grounds maintenance, landscaping and snow removal as needed.
- Diagnosing and repairing basic plumbing, heating, and electrical issues.
- Inspecting and repairing building interior including monitoring mechanical equipment, pool equipment and chemicals.
- Painting and drywall repairs, mudding and taping.
- Performing general repairs on faulty appliances, dishwashers, doors, closets, window coverings, leaking faucets and taps, toilets, windows, fixtures, finishing hardware, flooring, replacing light bulbs, repairing faulty hardware, door closures, handles, etc.
- Responsible for turnover maintenance on rental suites as well as adhering to deadlines.
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices to prevent injury to self or co-workers.
The successful candidate:
- Excellent customer service skills and get up and go attitude
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance trades, minimum of 1 year of experience in a maintenance related role, relevant trade or equivalent experience.
- General knowledge of appliance repairs, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills, and boiler maintenance experience.
- Must be available for on-call rotation and weekends/overtime as required, especially at month end.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle. Willing and able to travel in between different sites in Edmonton.
- Clear background check.
- Successful completion of pre-employment fitness testing
Why work for Midwest?
- Employer paid extended health, vision, and dental coverage
- RRSP Eligibility after 12 months of Employment.
- Competitive wages & Gas allowances.
- Rental Benefit after 3 months of Employment.
Normal Work Week: Monday through Friday 8:00a.m. 5:00p.m.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.