Nahanni Construction Ltd. is hiring a Payroll Specialist to work out of our Head Office in Yellowknife, NT on a Monday to Friday schedule. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing and auditing the biweekly payroll and managing the overall payroll function. The main priority for this position would be to work as the Payroll specialist but there would be an expectation for this role to provide some support to the HR Advisor and other office support, as required.
Compensation dependent on experience; position includes comprehensive benefits package.
- Process payroll for up to 200 + employees working in multiple jurisdictions;
- Enter new hires into the system;
- Maintain employee payroll records within Jonas (Payroll Software);
- Process expense claims;
- Process off-cycle payments, when required;
- Remit payroll taxes;
- Run reports and data when requested by the Project site, management, HR, etc.;
- Ensure compliance with multi-jurisdictional government regulations including relevant payroll deductions;
- Manually adjust payroll where required;
- Initiate best practices; develop efficiency improvements;
- Address and resolve employee queries in a timely fashion; investigate when required;
- Work closely with HR Advisor and Site Administrators to ensure payroll hours and employee data is accurate;
- Complete year end tax adjustments and issuing of T4s;
- Remit year end payroll taxes;
- Prepare year end payroll reports.
HR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Duties may vary but may include the following:
- Assist with onboarding and site clearances during a hiring push;
- Filing and maintenance of employee personnel records;
- Work with HR Advisor to onboard employees into Jonas;
- Other duties, as required.
- High school diploma required.
- 3 years’ payroll processing & auditing experience.
- Payroll designation or certification would be an asset.
- Experience working with Jonas Software would be an asset.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Comfortable learning to use new Software.
- Must be a self starter with the desire to develop efficiencies.
- Comfortable working under pressure and under tight deadlines.
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail.
Application deadline: February 18, 2022