As integral members of the People Person Department (PPD), our HR Associates work closely with the Manager of PPD to incorporate SSi’s high corporate culture standards into every facet of a person’s employment with the company. Beginning from the recruitment stage, you will work with managers to identify the key elements of openings and design job descriptions that are fitting of our eclectic group of professionals. You will also act as the all- important first contact with candidates, and a go-between throughout the recruitment, on-boarding and off- boarding stages - all with the goal of preserving our responsive and refreshingly down-to-earth HR processes.
In addition, SSi’s HR Associates assist the PPD in developing new and better ways of performing other essential HR administrative functions while making a positive contribution to our People Person Department and the dynamic and collaborative culture here at SSi.
- Liaise with managers in early stages of job profile development
- Craft tailor-made job ads designed to attract that ‘needle in the haystack’ employee
- Grab the attention of job seekers through online postings, job databases, social media, and networking events
- Complete pre-interviews and other screening steps such as reference checks and follow-up calls
- Maintain and improve upon existing applicant tracking tools
- Communicate throughout the recruitment cycle and proactively work to solve bottle necks
- Support new hires during on-boarding for a warm and welcoming reception to the company
- Coordinate off-boarding of departing employees for a smooth transition for employees and managers alike
- Jump on HR-related administrative requests from staff
- Maintain a high degree of employee file accuracy by drafting change documents as required
- Assist with drafting and updating PPD Wellness and support programs and published materials
- Administer the SSi Sponsorship Committee established to assess new applications for sponsorship
- Hold key positions on both the Health & Safety and Events Planning committees
- Other duties that interest you!
YOU’RE A NATURAL FIT BECAUSE YOU HAVE:
- Post-secondary training in Human Resources or another relevant discipline
- Strong ethics surrounding confidentiality
- Awareness of and sensitivity to issues of equity and diversity
- An excellent professional toolkit, including attention to detail, strong verbal communication and writing skills, time management, trustworthiness, and the ability to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience using modern platforms including Microsoft Word and Excel, email clients, G-Suite (Google Apps) and more!
- A knack for streamlining processes, and the natural tendency to organize everything you touch
- A desire to inspire cooperation and promote a positive and engaged culture at SSi
- A passion to learn more and quickly
- A valid driver’s license
ICING ON THE CAKE (ALL CONSIDERED ASSETS)
- Excellent written and verbal English and French language skills
- Professional designation in Human Resources (CPHR)
- Experience working in a Federally regulated industry
- Working knowledge of Human Rights, Federal Labour Code, WCB, and any other relevant legislation
- Experience maintaining strict confidentiality of company and personnel records
- Current standard First Aid certification