Ideally, we are looking for a full-time RVT to join our team at the Yellowknife Veterinary Clinic. Those with equivalent training and/or less experience are encouraged to apply. We are looking for a compassionate veterinary technician with great communication skills, a positive attitude, great team player, and devotion to providing the best patient care. In this position, you will use your veterinary knowledge and skills to help with handling a diverse caseload of patients. Must be able to work independently as well as with other members of the clinic staff. Experience with Cornerstone software would be an asset, but training with this software can be provided.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Store Discount
- Housing compensation
- Students hired will receive compensation for their work program
- Be able to handle heavy loads, manual dexterity, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and have strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with others and have effective interpersonal skills.
- Handle, restrain, and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery.
- Provide excellent nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals in a professional and ethical manner.
- Assist veterinarians with animal dentistry.
- Provide wound and bandage care.
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of veterinarian.
- Administer treatments as prescribed by veterinarian.
- Conduct specialized procedures on animals such as animal identification and nail trimming.
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time, and perform physically demanding tasks that involve bending, crouching, kneeling, etc.
- Collect samples such as urine, feces, blood, or any other bodily fluids for examination and analysis.
- Perform laboratory procedures and diagnostic testing including urinalysis, hematology, and parasitology.
- Operate radiographic equipment and produce diagnostic radiographs.
- Veterinary office management task such as documenting all actions by completing forms, reports, and logs.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by management.
Clinic hours include:
- MONDAY 9 AM – 8PM
- TUESDAY 8 AM - 8PM
- WEDNESDAY 8 AM – 8 PM
- THURSDAY 8 AM – 8 PM
- FRIDAY 9 AM – 6 PM
- SATURDAY 9 AM – 6 PM
- SUNDAY – CLOSED – Available for emergencies only
Shifts to be arranged with management.
- Preferably 2 + years of experience
- Basic security clearance, criminal record check, child abuse registry check, driver’s validity license check
- Registered Veterinary Technician Diploma or equivalent
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Any experience level is encouraged to apply
We are a full-service veterinary hospital with a vision to offer the best service in prevention and intervention. We focus on providing high quality patient and client care. We are equipped to handle a wide variety of medical conditions, including emergencies. We have an in house IDEXX laboratory, digital radiography and use Cornerstone for our veterinary software. We also have an in-house veterinary boutique with nutritious food, toys, and essential pet supplies.
If you would like to have a career with our team, we would love to hear from you. Please send a C.V. with a cover letter and relevant references. No telephone calls please.
We thank you for your interest in this position at our clinic!