The FFC Summer Break Camp aims to provide a fun, educational, and therapeutic program for children in care during their summer break. It will be running for 47 days from June 24th, 2022 until August 24th, 2022. Excluding weekends, and statutory holidays. The summer camp will run out of the FFCNWT office building, with outings within the community and time spent outdoors.
- Follow the daily programming set by the Program Coordinator.
- Remind all kids to wash hands regularly throughout the day.
- Engage with children at all times; be open, communicative, and supportive. No phones while working.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Lead activities with enthusiasm and energy.
- Respect all equipment and facilities, and ensure proper care, use, and maintenance of them.
- Prepare/set-up/supervise games and activities.
- Strong communication with the Program Coordinator, occasionally foster parents/caregivers.
- Ensure all spaces are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each day.
- Read through the Handbook to follow other rules and regulations.
- Meet with the Program Coordinator on a regular basis.
- Must be extremely punctual and reliable.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with children and youth with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, a trauma background, and various behavioral needs.
- Enthusiasm and desire to work with children and youth and make a positive impact on their life.
- Knowledge of northern First Nations, Inuit, and Métis cultures